Finding Volume Doodle Notes
Volume of Cylinders & Prisms: 2 page visual interactive "doodle notes" set -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on. Graphic doodle and sketch notes take full advantage of Dual Coding Theory (the way brains process visual and linguistic information) to maximize retention.
- concept of volume
- filling consistently from base to the top (cylinders and prisms)
- calculating area of the base, then multiplying by height to "fill it up"
- using cubic units to represent volume
- identifying base and height when the 3d figure is in different orientations
- using the formula
- visual memory triggers
- practice & examples
Check out the preview images for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
Visual note taking strategies like sketch notes or doodle notes are based on dual coding theory. When we can blend the text input with graphic/visual input, the student brain processes the information differently and can more easily convert the new learning into long-term memory.
This strategy also integrates the left and right hemispheres of the brain to increase focus, learning, and retention!
2 pages are included, plus answer keys, samples, and info.
Reviews from other teachers:
-I am using this as notetaking/interactive notebook pages to supplement online lessons. It is great for the artistic side of students, especially visual learners!
- These are my favorite doodle notes that I have ever purchased! The graphics are representative of the material and contribute to the student learning and visualizing. I LOVE THESE!
-Very useful to get the children interested and to help them memorizing the formulas. I love what you do.
-Love this!! I own all of the doodle notes and many of the activities for geometry. My students always enjoy them!
-Saved my life when I had to teach Math 8 over summer school for the first time! Much more engaging way to take notes.
-Very useful for students who struggle with taking notes on blank paper. Thank you!
- Doodle Notes are my new favorite thing!
- These are really visually appealing and easy to use. The students enjoy them!