Middle School Pre-Algebra Doodle Note Book
The full Pre-Algebra Doodle Note Book offers your middle school math class the brain benefits of visual note taking all throughout their coursework! The doodle notes include fractions, decimals, integers, percents, geometry, equations, expressions, proportions, probability, graphs, inequalities, the coordinate plane, slope, linear equations, systems, graphing, and more! Check out the full list of topics included in the preview.
The 10 chapters cover all the core content for grades 6-8 pre-algebra!
- Digital download of the ebook file (PDF) licensed for a single teacher to print for all your own students forever
- Over 170 doodle note lesson pages for introducing key concepts in Pre Algebra
- 406 pages total
- Chapter organizer cover pages
- Interactive vocabulary review pages for each chapter (doodle-style!)
- Bonus pages!
- Answer Key & Photo Samples for doodle note concept pages
- Teaching Tips & Introductory Pages
- 10 different blank templates for any additional notes
Each chapter progresses through the lesson topics with guided notes, visual references, and graphic review sheets that follow the brain-based doodle note method.
The 10 chapters are:
1: Expressions & Integers
2: Equations & Inequalities
3: Decimals & Factors
5: Ratios, Proportions, & Percents
7: Area & Volume
8: Statistics & Probability
9: Formulas & Finance
10: Intro to Algebra
Math doodle notes activate both hemispheres of the brain and lead to increased focus and retention! Because of dual coding theory, the student brain can process the new content more easily through the interactive tasks, visual memory triggers, and opportunities to sketch, color, and embellish!
This book contains interactive visual note templates. It replaces a notebook (and possibly a textbook, depending on the way you teach), but does not replace your practice problem set. Although the pages do offer some examples and problems, you will definitely want to supplement with plenty of practice / homework on the side as well.
* Print as you go: Just select the pages that fit your lesson plans for the week.
* Print the entire file at once and 3-hole punch for student binders. They’ll have a complete Pre-Algebra doodle note book to replace standard notes for the whole year (or more than a year for many math programs, since this covers such a wide span of middle school math topics from grades 6-8).
* Have a print shop / office store bind the pages into hard copies for your students. They’ll love the workbook format!
Check out the preview images to see plenty of sample pages and the entire table of contents for the included lesson topics.
- This is an awesome resource! Why haven't I found this before now? This really keeps the students engaged.
- I love love love this resource! I've used it as both an intro to a unit and as a review. I am so impressed by the quality of all of the included pages, and I appreciate the provided keys and examples. My students enjoy completing these.
- My students found this style of notes very engaging. I had to supplement some material, particularly with more examples, but overall, I'm pretty pleased!
- I've only been using these notes for about a month, but my students are really enjoying them. One actually said that it's just so relaxing to fill them out. Others said that it was very clear and easy to follow. I enjoy that it explains everything so thoroughly and goes above what they need to know. My engaged learners can do the extra notes and the ones that only want what they need can focus on that.
- I love this resource, and my students do, too! What a wonderful, engaging way to take notes and keep up with math topics and solving. Thank you!!!!
- I have used this resource so much. I love everything that Math Giraffe has created and these notes are just perfect. Teaching Pre-Algebra and reviewing the concepts is made so much simpler by incorporating these into our learning and studying. Great product!!!
- These have allowed me to keep students engaged while teaching virtually! The students like the ability to make the notes their own and they like being able to color them!
- This is exactly the resource I am looking for! As a bilingual teacher, I am always looking for material that I can use with my students. Unfortunately, materials are only available in English and Spanish. The way these files are put together, I can translate the material and post it for my students in Portuguese so that they can use it. The author is very knowledgeable in math and, as someone who is not as skilled in Math, it helps to have these resources on hand.
- I love the coloring and doodling aspects of this my students responded well to the activities and it kept them engaged throughout the lesson.
- I have a student who even when given a traditional set of notes could not retain nor successfully use them to complete math assignments. I tried every teaching method that I knew about and tried a few I had never used before with very little success. Tried the doodle notes as one last effort to help him. This was the method that worked. He is now able to solve equations and complete math assignments independently. Love this resource!
- I am using these materials with my summer Algebra review sessions. I plan to use these with my regular classes in the fall. The kids love to color their sheets. I notice some of the kids creating decorative folders to save their sheets. Many students have asked me to reproduce all of the sheets so that they can create notes to use during the new school year.
- Worth every penny! I can reach all my learners who work at different levels with this bundle. Thank you!